Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dear Grocery Store Bagger, Pay attention to your job. Love, Velma

Just a quick mini-rant. I had to do my normal Saturday morning errands earlier. The most important being picking up groceries at the Food Lion just up the street from my apartment.

I got the world's most annoying bagger. He wasn't paying any attention to what he was doing. Some of my bags were stuffed to bursting. Some had almost nothing in them. And I had to tell him three times to put the 6-pack of Mike's in a bag.

Seriously, the first time he was putting them in the cart, and I said, "I need those in a bag."

Nothing.

The second time, he was staring out the big windows in the front of the store. I said, "I need those in a bag."

He at least turned to look at me, but still didn't actually do what I asked.

The third time, I actually picked them up myself and said, "I need these in a bag."

Finally, the light dawns for this dimbulb. He thows my Mike's into a bag, dumps them in the cart, and instead of bagging the rest of my groceries, he goes running out into the parking lot to talk to someone in a car.

I bagged the rest of my groceries myself. The checker even felt the need to apologize to me for the whole thing.

Sheesh.

Dear Grocery Store Bagger,

You'll have plenty of time to talk to you friends when they fire your ass.

Love,
Velma

No comments: