Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Cow-irkers, Buy Headphones! Love, Velma

What the fuck is wrong with people? Seriously? Does anyone understand the concept of professionalism any more?

It is an uncomplicated concept. When you are working in a cubicle environment and you want to listen to the radio or music on your computer or watch shit on YouTube or (and this still stuns me) watch your mini-TV at work…WEAR FUCKING HEADPHONES!

I work in the worst cubicle environment EVAH. The room has weird acoustics so you sometimes can’t hear your neighbor but you can hear conversations from across the room. There are no acoustical tiles. Just bare concrete walls that amplify the noise and bounce it all over the place in weird ways. (And we are the only section in the whole agency stuck in cubicles. That’s a rant for another day. Suffice it to say at this point that we are all quite bitter.)

And I will admit that I have ridiculously attuned hearing, especially when it comes to music. I blame it on all those years of music training.

But the simple fact of the matter is that grown-up human beings should have the good sense to wear a pair of freaking headphones so that they don’t bother other people.

Shit. I listen to the loudest, most obnoxious heavy metal you can imagine. But I wear headphones. Even when I’m at home, because I know my apartment has thin walls. I don’t roll down the car windows and share my music with the whole freakin’ world either. I certainly don’t torment my cow-irkers with it. But people just cannot bring themselves to do me that same courtesy.

Dear Annoying Cow-irkers,

Buy Headphones! (I know your paygrade, I know you make more than me, so I know you can afford $15 for cheapy headphones.)

Love,
Velma

And yes, one of my cow-irkers actually has a miniature television in their cubicle. What. The. Fuck!?!?

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Really?

That's weird. (About the TV thing, I mean.)